Get new jQuery plugins just once a week
November 5, 2012
MaxImage 2 | jQuery plugin for cyclic fullscreen background
Maximage 2 is a fullscreen background slideshow plugin that uses jQuery Cycle plugin for it’s slideshow functionality.
Here are the reasons why Maximage2 is the best Fullscreen Background Slideshow plugin:
- Uses the slideshow power and versatility from jQuery Cycle Plugin and allows you to utilize all of the options from Cycle.
- Detects browser abilities and uses CSS transitions to animate slides making sure transitions are as smooth as possible on large monitors.
- Make anything fullscreen: Images, HTML5 videos, Youtube Videos, etc
- Responsive: Resizes with window
- Preloads all of your fullscreen background slideshow images so that there is no wait time and things run smoothly.
- Extremely clean, well commented, DRY, object oriented code built that takes advantage of all possible best practices
- MaxImage 1.0 made the mistake of assuming too much about your slideshow, making it easier to use out of the box, but more difficult to customize. Maximage lets Cycle handle the slideshow functionality and does everything possible to lets you handle styling. That is why Maximage comes with a CSS file that you can customize to your liking.
- MaxImage2 works in all modern browsers and even in IE back to version 7.0.
Created by Aaron Vanderzwan
jQuery Cycle Plugin
Sign up for our weekly newsletter.