Get new jQuery plugins just once a week
July 4, 2012
fc-tape | Rotate css-sprites like cinema tapes
fc-tape — rotate css-sprites like cinema tape.Background image (sprite) consisting of picture frames is animated like the tape in old-time movie projectors.Its a jQuery widget for sprite animations. Background image (sprite) consisting of picture frames like the movie tape is animated. Widget supports options to adjust smothness and speed of animations as well as methods to control animation behavior.It has got the following options :-
- smooth (boolean) – Switch frames with smooth transition (next frame overlays previous with a small transparent fade). Useful for animations with a small number of frames, slow speed animations and for several effects.
- image (string)Background image path (sprite with frames to animate). Frames should be aligned vertially, top to bottom.
- frameCount (integer)- Number of frames in animation. It can be less than real number of frames, if you don’t want to use the whole tape, but it can’t be greater than there actually is.
- frameSize (integer) – Frame size (height for vertical sprite and width for horizontal sprite) in pixels. In other words, background image offset for the second frame.
- spriteDirection (string)This setting indicates the direction in which the sprite frames are glued: ‘v’ for vertical (default) and ‘h’ for horizontal.
- backgroundX or backgroundY (integer)- Background horizontal offset (by x axis or y axis). Useful when you have several sprites joined together in one background image. In this case animations start from the top frame and continue to bottom (offset specifies correct sprite).
Created by Future Colors
fc-tape — rotate css-sprites like cinema tape
Sign up for our weekly newsletter.