Get new jQuery plugins just once a week
January 11, 2013
ContextMenu | jQuery plugin for large right-click menus
jQuery contextMenu is a management facility for designed for an application where there are hundreds of elements that may show a context menu – so intialization speed and memory usage are kept fairly small. It also allows to register context menus without providing actual markup, as $.contextMenu generates DOMElements as needed.The contextMenu jQuery Plugin was designed for web applications in need of menus on a possibly large amount of objects.
Its features are :-
- trigger contextMenu with right-click, left-click, hover or own custom trigger events.
- delegated event handling removing the need for re-initialization when trigger objects are added / removed.
- dynamic on-demand menu creation.
- optional icons for commands
- input elements (text, textarea, checkbox, radio, select) within the menu.
- custom html elements (command free).
- show/hide callbacks to update the state of commands.
- small memory footprint even with hundreds of trigger objects.
- adjust position of menu to fit in viewport.
- enable / disable commands.
- nested sub-menus.
- full keyboard interaction.
- HTML5 <menu> support.
Created by Rodney Rehm
A contextMenu Manager plugin
Sign up for our weekly newsletter.