Get new jQuery plugins just once a week
December 19, 2013
Slap a vintage looking text terminal on your webpage
VintageTxt is a jQuery plugin that creates a vintage looking text terminal on your webpage.You Have it type something and then type back.
It has got the following features :-
- Green Scanlines.
- Optional image overlay/border.
- Blinking cursor with ‘enter key’ input.
- Self-typing text effect.
It has got the following options :-
- text: An array of text. One line per array element.
- overlayImage: The path to an image file to overlay the sreen.
- txtSpeed: The speed at which each letter is drawn (30ms).
- linePause: The duration of the pause between each line (800ms).
- maxRows: The maximum number of text lines shown at once (10).
- promptEnabled: Show an input prompt underneath text.
- autoStart: Begin typing the text as soon as the plugin loads.
- onEnterKey: Callback function for the enter keypress.
- onFinishedTyping: Callback for when all the text has been typed.
Created by Eric Terpstra
Sign up for our weekly newsletter.