Get new jQuery plugins just once a week
November 21, 2012
SocialCount | jQuery plugin to show share counts from various social networks
SocialCount is a small mobile-friendly jQuery plugin to show share counts from various social networks.
This jQuery plugin :-
- Currently supports Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus.
2.84KB (after Min+GZip) or 4.09KB/4.63KB with SD/HD icons (compared to 309KB up front empty-cache pageload cost for Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus widgets).
- 1 JS request, 1 CSS request, 1 optional request for icons, 1 optional AJAX request for counts (compared to 25 total requests for Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus widgets).
- Easier to fit in with page designs.
- Works with mouse, touchscreen, or keyboard.
- Mouse: On hover, loads a social network’s native widget so that the user can Like/Recommend/+1 without leaving the current page.
- Touch screen: simple redirects to dedicated network share pages.
- Keyboard: Concise tab order.
- Option to conditionally display count if it’s above a minimum threshold. Avoid goose egg ghost-town.
- Intelligent client-side caching so that two or more widgets with the same share URL only make one AJAX request.
Created by Filament Group
jQuery plugin to show counts from various social networks
Sign up for our weekly newsletter.