Get new jQuery plugins just once a week
September 24, 2012
Terminal Emulator | jQuery plugin for command-line interpretor
JQuery Terminal Emulator is a plugin for creating command line interpreters in your applications. It can automatically call JSON-RPC service when user type commands or you can provide an object with methods, each method will be invoke on user command. Object can have nested objects which will create nested interpreter. You can also use a function in which you can parse user command by your own. It?s ideal if you want to provide additional functionality for power users. It can also be used as debuging tool.
It has got the following features :-
- You can create interpreter for your JSON-RPC service with one line of code.
- Support for authentication (you can provide function when user enter login and password or if you use JSON-RPC it can automatically call login function on the server and pass token to all functions)
- Command Tree – you can use nested objects each command will invoke a function if the value is an object it will create new interpreter and use function from that object as commands. You can use as much nested commands as you like. if the value is a string it will create JSON-RPC service.
- Tab completion – if you use object instead of a function you can have tab completion with TAB key.
- Support for command line history (it use Local Storage if posible or cookies)
- Include keyboard shortcut from bash like CTRL+A, CTRL+D, CTRL+E etc.
- Multiply terminals on one page (every terminal can have different command, it?s own authentication function and it?s own command history) – you can swich between them with CTRL+TAB
- Support for basic text formating (color, background, underline, bold, italic) inside echo function
- You can create and overwrite existing keyboard shortcuts
Created by Jakub Jankiewicz
jquery plugin for the command-line emulator
Sign up for our weekly newsletter.
10 Most Amazing Couple Gifts
A comprehensive guide to couple gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day, Weddings, Anniversaries for your spouse, friend, fiance, boyfriend / girlfriend.
Take me there !
Continue to jquer.in