Get new jQuery plugins just once a week
July 2, 2012
Responsive slides | A lightweight jquery slider plugin
ResponsiveSlides js is a tiny jQuery plugin that creates a responsive slider using list items inside <ul>. It works with wide range of browsers including all IE versions from IE6 and up. It also adds css max-width support for IE6 and other browsers that don’t natively support it.
Biggest difference to other responsive slider plugins is the file size (1kb minified and gzipped) + that this one doesn’t try to do everything. Responsive Slides has basically only two different modes: Either it just automatically fades the images, or operates as a responsive image container with pagination and/or navigation to fade between slides.
Its major features are :-
- Fully responsive
- 1kb minified and gzipped
- Simple markup using unordered list
- Settings for transition and timeout durations
- Multiple slideshows supported
- Automatic and manual fade
- Works in all major desktop and mobile browsers
- Captions and other html-elements supported inside slides
- Separate pagination and next/prev controls
- Possibility to choose where the controls append to
- Possibility to randomize the order of the slides
- Can be paused while hovering slideshow and/or controls
- Images can be wrapped inside links
- Optional ‘before’ and ‘after’ callbacks
Created by Viljami Salminen
Responsive slides is a simple and light-weigth jquery slider plugin
Sign up for our weekly newsletter.