Get new jQuery plugins just once a week
May 15, 2014
Restive.JS is a JQuery Plugin that helps you quickly and easily add features to your Web Site to enable it respond and adapt to virtually every Web-enabled Device. Using a combination of Device Detection, Advanced Breakpoints Management, and Orientation Management, Restive.JS will give your Web site an uncanny ability to stay robust in the face of a constantly changing device landscape.
It has got the following features :-
- Single Point of Markup : Restive.JS gives you the freedom to define all your Responsive or Adaptive Enhancements at a singlelocation within your CSS Markup [unlike Media Queries].
- Platform + Form-factor Detection : Restive.JS can detect device platforms: iOS, Android, Symbian, Blackberry, Windows; and form-factors too: Phone, Tablet, TV, Desktop.
- Graphic Display Resolution Support : Restive.JS has embedded support for over 50 graphic display resolutions (GDR), so more breakpoint options for you e.g. qHD, VGA, etc.
- Multiple Breakpoint Styles and Mixes : Restive.JS allows you to define breakpoints in pixel  and in resolution [xga]. You can also mix these different styles together and the Plugin will make it all just work.
- Breakpoints with Orientation Markers : Restive.JS lets you define breakpoints to match only when in a specific orientation e.g. “640-p” will match a 640 pixel wide viewport only if the device is in portrait mode.
- Orientation Support : Restive.JS can detect changes in orientation. Plus it provides Orientation Callbacks that you can use to enable orientation-based functionality.
Example Code :
Created by Obinwanne Hill
Sign up for our weekly newsletter.