Get new jQuery plugins just once a week
September 1, 2012
ContextMenu-js | Right-click list of clickable commands
ContextMenu-js is a javasript plugin that provides a simple list of clickable commands, or offer an in-menu form. This makes very simple attribute modification possible.
The contextMenu Plugin was designed for web applications in need of menus on a possibly large amount of objects.
A single menu is defined that can be used by multiple objects.contextMenu doesn’t need to bind itself to triggering objects. This allows injecting and removing triggers without having to re-initialize or update contextMenu.
- trigger contextMenu with right-click, left-click, hover or own custom trigger events
- delegated event handling removing the need for re-initialization when trigger objects are added / removed
- dynamic on-demand menu creation
- optional icons for commands
- input elements (text, textarea, checkbox, radio, select) within the menu
- custom html elements (command free)
- show/hide callbacks to update the state of commands
- small memory footprint even with hundreds of trigger objects
- adjust position of menu to fit in viewport
- enable / disable commands
- nested sub-menus
- full keyboard interaction
- HTML5 menu support
Created by Rodney Rehm
trigger contextMenu with own custom trigger events
Sign up for our weekly newsletter.